.jpg)
Behind These Hazel Eyes (from acoustic set), Kelly Clarkson
Your concert was UH-MAY-ZING last night!!! I couldn't get enough of the high-energy music, exhilarating dance party, and lighting extravaganza. You sang your face off girl! Wish I could sing like you. As it is, I'm banned from singing forever. Don't ask. I rebelled last night and sang my lungs out, rather I screamed your lyrics because it was so loud at the Pacific Ampitheatre. Besides, what are my friends going to do? They can't monitor my singing habits all the time. I've proven that because it seems my Food Monitor(s) and Volume Control Monitor(s) have been sorely slacking. But I'm convinced that you can't whisper either. It's just a hunch.
Though I may have never met you, and I most likely never will unless I stalk you, I consider you a Texan sister. BTW, that was a funny sign you read from someone in the audience, "KELLY, I STALK YOU!" Don't worry, that wasn't me. Last night was the first time I saw you live. I wanted to catch your show a couple of years ago during your My December tour in Irvine, but your concert was cancelled. I was so bummed.
You know what I like about you? You're warm, personable and genuine. You sing with a smile, except for the sad songs, and you wave back to people while you're singing. For a split second, I thought you waved to me, but from where I was sitting, you appeared 2 inches tall and there were too many arms in the air all around me that I don't think you could distinguish my arm from the others. It was also dark. If the lights were on, then I'm sure you would've seen me flailing my arm at you. Which reminds me...I definitely need to work out.
Thanks for sharing a slice of your life and entertaining me. Some of the stories you shared with us were very cute and very sad. That's what's captivating about you. You're open and vulnerable. Even though you admitted that you were a sweaty hot mess throughout the night and that you busted your lip on the mic while rocking out to Whyyawannabringmedown, you laughed and kept the show going, bloody lip, drenched in sweat and all. I'm sure people have told you to lose weight, but you're fine just the way you are. In fact you look great! I'm pretty sure that most size 0, 2, or 4 girls would not be able to endure a whole performance like you did; you're obviously in good shape. I'm not sure if you had a fan or a wind machine on stage, but I loved when your hair back blew back as you were singing. It could've just been the wind. Nevertheless, you were gorgeous!
Sorry you had a sucky childhood, which spurned you to write Because of You when you were 16 years old just so you could cope with and have an outlet for your pain. So sad.
Because of youI never stray to far from the sidewalkBecause of youI learned to play on the safe sideSo I don't get hurtBecause of youI tried my hardest just to forget everythingBecause of youI don't know how to let anyone else inBecause of youI'm ashamed of my life because it's emptyBecause of you, I am afraid
At least the song has made you lots of money, so you can find a good therapist. You also seem to have a strong faith in God. So instead of writing songs like Walk Away with Kara DioGuardi, you'll be writing some mushy, gushy, ooey, gooey, I-have-a-toothache, sugary, sweet, sappy songs because you're deliriously in love.
I know your album just released in March, so I don't know when you'll be releasing another one. But I'm excited for it. I'll see you again soon, I hope.
Have a great tour!
CLG
you need to blog more Cat! Hope you're doing fabulously!
ReplyDelete